I woke up this morning feeling renewed and thankful for “the stuff of my life” Sure, Sundays can usually bring about this feeling…but when I woke up to yet  another gorgeous sunny day in Ireland, I felt especially lucky to be living so brazenly in these bucolic Irish hills that I now call home.

I couldn’t resist putting on some wellies

and walking out to our little meditation garden

encircled with cedars {the trees of life} and an enormous rock in the centre

which is perfect to perch on and have quiet words with my dearly departed father

After some quiet contemplation,

I breezed over to the “maternity pasture” filled with our cows-a-calving

and met one little girl nuzzling with her mommy….lookin’ for a little milk

And after bidding these gentle, kind creatures a good day

I walked around the garden to see what other new growth I might discover…

and there I found a happy Hydrangea bud

and some beautiful new cascading Wisteria petals

Then, feeling a grumble in my tummy

I tucked back into the kitchen to prepare a light breakfast

and decided on an all-time favorite: orange slices sprinkled with cinnamon

and a neat little stack of toasted almond + banana pancakes

which made this sunny morning

even sunnier…

Photos and styling by Imen McDonnell. Assisted by Sonia Mulford Chaverri.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to “My Irish Country Sunday”

1. Clare says:

What a beautiful start to not only a Sunday, but the first day of May. I loved looking at these this morning Imen- many thanks for sharing, as always.

2. Lisa O'Dwyer says:

Yes, this sunshine is absolutely wonderful! It even makes my patch of Irish suburbia look pretty. We’ve been enjoying lots of evenings outside, and discovered a beautiful patch of nature near the Curragh, the Pollardstown Fens. Will have to take some photos for you.

3. Can somebody please put Imen McDonnell in charge of Irish media! This is exactly what the country needs – a sunny perspective on things – it’s not all doom and gloom. Thanks Imen for the beautiful pics – you made my day and blogged about how I was also feeling yesterday!

4. Jennifer says:

I was born and bred in Australia, but ever since I can remember I have felt very drawn to Ireland, as if my heart belongs there. I hope to visit one day, but until then your posts sustain me. Thankyou and blessings from Jennifer

5. Bec says:

Just lovely… and the picture of the cows – too precious! One could lose themselves in those green hills, methinks!

6. Nancy says:

wish I lived there too! it is a dream I have some day! I’ve attained my Irish citizenship, now just need to be said citizen in Ireland! you’ve a lovely way with words!

7. susan says:

sounds like a perfectly lovely start to a sunny Irish day.

8. Debbie Summers says:

Thank you, once again for sharing your beautiful Ireland with those of us who love it so. Today you made me cry. Can’t wait for the day we can return to the beautiful Emerald Isle! Bless you, Imen and your own little piece of heaven on earth 🙂

Debbie, it was just one of those days….made me cry too. Thanks, as always for your comment. x

9. Troy Linck says:

I just love your posts! There is a balance and a peace that I really love! Thanks!

Troy, thank you so much for your lovely, unexpected comment…so glad you like it-really encouraging! Hope all is well. xx