Going Loco.

14 Jun 2010

Urban Dictionary definition for the term loco:

Loco. (adjective) Spanish. Crazy, mad or insane.

Right so. I am going absolutely loco over all the farm-to-fork, locavore, farm-hosted dinner events in America. I find it such a brilliant and inspiring concept that I would love to bring to our farm in the near future.

Here are a few shining examples of what I am speaking of:

Outstanding in the Field

Plate and Pitchfork

Tour De Farm

The only thing that could possibly make these better is if they were happening Ireland on a regular basis….

Who’s in?

{Leave a comment below}

12 Responses to “Going Loco.”

1. Great idea – exactly the sort of dining I’d love. It sounds right up your street, and your Cath Kidston apron would be perfect for the front of house casual look.

2. Clare says:

I am SOOOOO there.

3. Anna Browne says:

Count me in! Great idea….

4. urmomcooks says:

Well, we do in fact have projects like these all across the states…My CSA sponsors such a dinner here in Texas twice a year – Johnson’s Backyard Garden! But there is so far to go… It’s nice to read your post…encouraging actually. Conversation still comes to an awkward halt whenever I mention eating local and organic produce at parties! Will probably be like that for some time, but hoping it will change by the time my kids are sitting around a group dinner table! Plus you have awesome local foods in Ireland from what I hear! My daughter is in Dublin for her 2nd summer and regales us with tales of wonderful meals!

5. barbara says:

What a great idea. Good luck with it Imen.

6. meredith says:

I’m salivating reading that menu!! Been thinking of you and your Irish farm lately:) We need to hook-up in NYC in Aug. right?

It will be so much fun….you and your family will have to make the trek just for a farm dinner. Yes, I will definitely be at BlogHer, and cannot wait to meet up! x

7. 'neen says:

Fabulous Imen. And timely too since I am right this minute writing the menu for L. Mulligan. Grocer.

Looking forward to chatting when you are back.

Oh Neen, that is brilliant. Perhaps L. Mulligan could do our first menu! Would love to collaborate with you.

You know I am!